Looking for expert help to Factory Reset Roku Device? Sometimes, Roku devices become sluggish or freeze though as they are designed to use for long hours.
There are several reasons why your Roku device is facing issues and not functioning correctly.
It can be buggy updated software or a recently installed channel, which may cause the Roku device to run slowly or freeze.
Roku streaming device is a gateway for viewing a diverse range of content. It may not open sometimes and troubles you.
If you are facing issues or trouble with your Roku device, then you can factory reset Roku device to get the device back on track.
You can do the following to Factory Reset Roku device:
- System Restart.
- Factory reset by the soft method.
- Factory reset by the hard method.
How To Factory Restart Roku Device?
Restarting your Roku device is similar to that of restarting your PC. When you restart your Roku device, it will turn off and then back on your device.
However, it is not necessary that this will resolve your issue. It is because Roku streaming boxes and sticks don’t have a switch on and off, except Roku TVs and Roku4.
Get Streaming Guides experts help to factory reset Roku device! Just dial Roku Customer Service phone number at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 844-756-1728.
You can restart a Roku device by unplugging the power code on Roku and then plug it back again.
However, you can do the system restart of the Roku device by using your Roku’s remote control.
Follow the given steps to do a system restart your Roku device.
- Go the option ‘System’ from the ‘Home screen.’
- Now, scroll down and then click the ‘System restart’ option.
- Select the option ‘Restart.’
- Now, wait for a few minutes for your device to first turn off and then on. It will show your home page.
- You need to check the features having trouble is working properly or not.
- If your Roku device is frozen or Roku device overheating, then perform a system restart following the below steps using your Roku remote.
- Press the Home button at least 5 times.
- Then same with the arrow UP twice.
- Press the button Rewind twice.
- Press the button ‘fast forward’ twice.
- The restart of the device will start, which will take a few seconds.
Reset Roku device done now!
System restart does not change your content library, alter any settings, or delete your account information.
It will resolve minor issues such as freeze or overheating.
Two Methods to Reset Roku device correctly
How To Factory Reset Roku – Soft Method?
Before going towards the reset Roku option, keep in mind the following changes that will occur on a Roku device;
- Erasing of personal preference.
- Your Roku device will get unlink from your Roku account.
- Roku reset exactly to how it was out of the Roku box. It means you have to do the initial setup process once again.
- Follow the below steps to factory reset your Roku device using the soft method.
- Press the button ‘Home’ on your Roku device.
- Now, scroll up and down and then select the settings option.
- Select the option ‘System.’
- Then select the ‘Advanced system settings’ option.
- Now select ‘Factory reset.’
- Now, you need to confirm whether you want to continue with the factory reset and then enter the special code given.
- It will begin your Roku device resetting process.
How To Reset The Roku Device – Hard Method?
If the system gets restart after a soft factory reset and it does not resolve the issue on your Roku box, TV or stick.
It is not responding to your reset Roku remote commands; then the final option is to do a hardware factory reset.
- Firstly, you need to find the button ‘reset’ on your Roku streaming stick, box, or Roku TV.
- Now, you need to press and hold the ‘reset’ button. Do this for at least 20 seconds.
- When the factory reset Roku done, the indicator power light on your Roku device will start blinking rapidly. Now, Release the reset button.
If you possess a Roku TV and it does not have a button ‘Reset, then do the following steps.
- Press the Power and Mute buttons on the TV.
- Now unplug the Power code of your TV while holding the buttons as mentioned above. Then, plug it back.
- Now, release the buttons when the startup screen on the TV comes back.
- To re-enter your settings information and account, you need to proceed through Guided setup.
Streaming Guides Technical Service
If you correctly follow the above steps, you will be able to resolve the freezing issues of your Roku device.
However, if you are still facing trouble in resolving your problem or having an issue during Roku setup.
You can contact customer service number Roku at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 844-756-1728. Streaming Guides, processes a team of professionals to guide and help you anytime.