Activate Roku correctly can turn into a bit of a challenge if you are not careful. Roku Connectivity errors are often at the heart of most Roku error codes.
So, one of the first things you need to ensure is a good Internet connection. Moreover, a stable connection between your home network and the Roku device is also a prerequisite to Activate Roku correctly.
In this piece, we have put together some simple methods that you can adopt to avoid dealing with any potential Roku activation code problems. And, as already stated, one of the first things that you can do is have a stable Internet network.
Steps to Activate Roku Quickly:
Check Your Connection
Go to “Settings” menu on the Roku device to make sure that network connectivity is working fine. On the “Settings” menu, select “Network,” and then “Check connection.” This will initiate a two-part connection check.
In the first instance, the signal strength and quality of your home network will be assessed. After that, your Internet connection speed will be examined to activate Roku efficiently. It will also be ensured that you are properly connected to an Internet network.
The next course of action will depend on the results of these tests. For example, if you have to have poor Internet speed or weak wireless signal strength, then you will receive a set of instructions on the screen to take care of this problem. Similarly, if there is any other type of problem that might be preventing Roku code link activation, then relevant instructions will appear on your screen.
Also, the “Check connection” option will not appear if there is no connectivity between the Roku device and the network. In that case, you will see a “Set up connection” option instead.
Dealing With Roku Connectivity Error
There are a few steps that you should follow to avoid connectivity hassles with the Roku.com link. Take a look at them below.
1) Wireless Network Name
- Selecting the right wireless connection name is the first and most obvious step.
- However, you will be surprised to know that people often get the name wrong probably due to a lack of conscious attention more than anything else.
- The wrong name means that the Roku.com/link setup will fail. So, make sure that you have the right connection name down so that you do not select the wrong one when need be
2) The Correct Password
- You might believe that you know the password. However, it is not working and you are stuck in limbo.
- If this happens, the obvious first course of action is to re-enter the password.
- Passwords tend to be case-sensitive and you might have made a simple typing error. So, if there is a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters in the password, then use the “Shift” key on the on-screen keyboard to type capital letters.
- Moreover, if you are unaware of the correct password, then you should get in touch with Roku customer service for assistance.
3) Make Sure That Your Router Is Working Fine
- Use other devices like your smartphone or laptop to connect to the home network and then access the Internet.
- We suggest that you should launch a public website to assess whether the router is working well.
- If your Internet connectivity is fine on other devices, then this means that the Roku.com link code can work too. In case other devices are also experiencing connection issues, then there is probably something wrong with your router.
- Restart it to see if that solves the problem. If not, then you should get in touch with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) as soon as possible.
4)Enhanced Wireless Signal Strength
- If the password is the right one and the Internet is also properly connected but still there are problems with Roku.com/link activation, then perhaps your wireless signal is not strong enough.
- Take a look at how far away the device is from your Internet router. The farther it is, the weaker the signal will be.
- There will also be issues if there are cabinets, doors, walls, and other such obstacles between your Roku device and the router.
5)Restart the Router and the Roku Device
- To restart the router, go through all the instructions provided by your ISP. They are normally included in the accompanying router manual.
- You may also simply pull the plug to turn the router off. Plug it back in after a few minutes to start again. Some types of routers also have a reset button. Use that to restart the device.
- When restarting the Roku device, go to the “Settings” menu, select “System,” and then select “Start.”
- You may also directly unplug the device, wait for a few minutes, and then reconnect it to the power source. Both devices will take a few minutes to properly restart.
These are some major tips that can help get your activation of the Roku.com/link code sorted out. Most everyday issues can be taken care of by following these steps.
If that is not the case, then there are probably some other obstacles in the way. We suggest that you should immediately contact on a Roku support number for expert guidance.
Major Roku Error Codes
There are some Roku error codes that you need to know about. The major ones include the Roku error code 001, Roku Error Code 009, 014 and 016. Roku error code 018 is perhaps one of the most prevalent of all errors. If you face this one on your device, then this means that it is connected to the router but not with the Internet.
To fix this, you should try step 3 mentioned earlier in this piece. On the other hand, Roku error codes 012 and 013 are Ethernet-specific errors and you may want to try a different Ethernet cable to fix them. Also, the connection with your home network and the Internet should be stable.
There are some other errors as well. These may need specialized handling. You should ideally contact customer service for Roku so that they can be taken care of in the best way possible.